Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Been a long time...

I know you all were on pins and needles waiting for our exciting news last week. Man how I disappointed you all by not having a new post up until now! I am a blogging FAILURE. Oh well, maybe you will forgive me and we can move forward in our blogging relationship. I sure hope so cause I would hate to lose any one of you 6 subscribers! Heavens, NO! I need every eye, and ear I can get.

We have been waiting to hear if our application for our new (rental) house has been accepted! We still don't have a final answer but they are just waiting on 1 thing so surely it will go through and my telling you all this isn't totally jinxing us! We are so thrilled to (hopefully) be doubling our square footage in the next month or so. We are now at 1189sqft and the new place is almost 2400sqft. Thank the Lord! We need to be able to stretch without kicking eachother in the face. Sam needs to be able to run around in a house that takes him more than 2.5 seconds to get from one end to the other. We need a guest bedroom so we can welcome lovely people to our home (or another baby, whichever comes first- haha). This place is only 3 bedrooms but it has 2 living rooms, a sun room and a screened in porch. Wohoo! We will again be taking care of a yard but I'm kind of looking forward to mowing and planting some flowers (Jennifer- do you want to come help). We will be breaking our lease here at the 'ole townhouse but we don't care. :) The house is in a safe neighborhood in West Little Rock- this is a hard thing to find right now so we had to jump on it.

Enough about that!! We had a really nice weekend. On Saturday morning I made my husband happy and we went on a family hike! He has been wanting to do this for ages so I had to give in eventually. I'm just not that much of an outdoorsy girl. We had a good time. Cliff started out with Sam in the backpack carrier but by the halfway point I could tell that he was tired. I kindly offered to carry the load and promptly realized that I got the UPHILL portion of the hike with the extra 29lbs on my back. It
was grueling but Sam seemed to love it! He kept on pulling my hair and giggling. He would leannnnn really far to one side to try to look at my face and then just laugh. Funny kiddo. A few pictures from Cliff's phone (not that great of quality).

You can definitely see how tired I am in this picture. Hideous, I know! (We were at Pinnacle Mountain State Park.)











This is a turtle that I nearly stepped on. Poor thing was scared to death(almost)! He quickly ran off after he realized that I spared him from a certain demise.

The rest of that day was a date day for me and Cliff!! His mom came down to watch Sam while we went to lunch, a movie and to look at Craigslist furniture for our new place. It was a great (and much needed) day away. Sunday we did much relaxing before grilled chicken and church.

Yesterday was a little crazy. One of my dearest friends, Lacy decided that she had to deliver her baby nearly 10 weeks early! I got a text that she was in L&D at about 3:30pm. I was freaking out to say the least. She ended up having an emergency c-section around 6pm. Andrew Davis Stang was 4lbs 12.5oz and 16in long. He is doing well from what I've heard! I can't wait to go see him and hope to do so soon. He is here at Baptist while she is still in Mountain Home. Poor momma!

I will try to keep up with this more frequently this summer. Hope all are well!!



4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new place! I can't wait to come see it. And, yes, I will definitely help with flowers (and then you can help us with ours - ha!) I am trying to convince Dave that he needs to accompany me to two weddings in LR this summer. One is June 20th and one is July 18th. He is being weird about traveling again...even to LR!

    I love the pic of you and Sam hiking - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A new house? YAY!! I hope it all works out well. I understand your space issue. Our house is 1,000 sq ft and we don't even have a kid. I can't imagine how confining it would feel. And every woman needs a garden! :)

    Love the hiking story. Sam sounds like a total ham. He's a cutie!!

    I'll pray for your friend and her baby. I bet it's really difficult for her to be away from baby.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely not outdoorsy either! Steve always wants to go camping. We have known each other for 8 years and I have managed to avoid it so far. I know that someday I will have to go...

    ReplyDelete
  4. The new house sounds cool... esp. the sun room. You'll have to post pictures. I hope Lacy and Andrew are doing better. :(

    ReplyDelete