Lacy is still in the hospital in intensive care on the ventilator. It's so tough seeing my friend go through this. She is the model of a (near) perfect person. She is patient, kind, loving, nurturing, and has always dreamed of becoming a mom. I know she could have never thought up this situation she is now in. She has been a mom for 3 weeks and has only held her baby 2 times. I pray that she will remember when she held him for the first time but we definitely have pictures to prove it at least. If I think about her situation too much I just find myself in tears. She will get better and has been making vast improvements but I just wish I could give her the first 3 weeks of her baby's life to have in her memory. He is a precious little boy. I have held him and loved on him for her. He is so perfect and is doing amazingly well. He will probably get out of the hospital very soon- before his mommy. (don't worry, I offered to babysit) I have been emotionally drained. I can't imagine what Lacy and Ben's families have been going through. They are so faithful and it is so obvious every time I see them. They have held up better than I would ever expect anyone to under these circumstances. If you pray, throw one up for Lacy, Ben and baby Andrew!
TOMORROW we get the keys to our new (rental) house! We are so very very very excited to get out of this apartment complex. We cannot wait!!! Sam is going to stay with his Grandma Haynes Wed-Thursday and my parents are going to pick him up Thursday and come to LR to help us move on Friday morning! I am so thankful to have their help. I am also thankful that the weather forcast is expecting temps to be in the high 80's!!! We are so thrilled. This will help with our move so very much. A far cry from the 100's of this weekend and last week. YEAH!!
We are also ridding ourself of cable tv and our home phone. Tell me that we are crazy but we are going to try it out and see what we think. I think it could be good for us. I don't watch it that much anyway so why not save the $$?!? We will keep the tv and watch movies frequently, I am sure. Don't worry, we will still have the internet, we are not THAT crazy.
I LOVE reading all of your blogs... trust me even though I am bad at blogging I love catching up with all of you!

Congratulations on your new place! I can't wait to come stay with you! Save me a few boxes to help unpack :-)
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your friend. I hope she recovers very soon and gets to hold that little blessing of hers.
ReplyDeleteI understand the tough stay-at-home mommy trials. I know it is such a blessing to be able to stay at home with your children, but it doesn't stop me from crying and screaming some days. It happens.
Good luck with your move!! Exciting!
Why are you blogging and not packing!?! Just kidding :D
ReplyDeleteI will pray for Lacy and her family. I don't know the whole story, but it's obviously hard on you and everyone involved. I will try my best remember her.
ReplyDeleteAlso, I hope your move is going well. At this point you've probably finished unpacking. We just got back from vacation and it's very obvious "we're not in Chicago anymore, Toto." LoL!
By the way, Brandon and I have gone 4 years of marriage without a house phone and it has seemed okay. BUT yesterday I misplaced my cell and had to find a pay phone down the road from our house to call Brandon so he wouldn't worry when he tried to call me. Even though I completely understand why people don't want house phones anymore, I absolutely believe there is a GOOD reason to have them. Personally, I don't like cells. But oh well. LoL! Good luck!!
Kerry must be made for poppin' out babies. LOL We do need to get together. When things settle down for her, let's plan something. FOR REAL!
ReplyDelete