I keep on saying that Sam has become more and more easy over time. The toddler years are so fun! He says a new word almost daily. Some of his recents are "bubbles", "jeep" and "mommy". Cuteness abounds!
So, how was your labor day? We enjoyed our 4 day weekend (Cliff works 4-10 hour shifts now) so much. Friday we went to the River Market to eat lunch then I got out to a movie by myself that afternoon. (Yeah!!!) I honestly can't remember what we did that evening. Saturday we started on the awful landscaping in our front yard. We hustled to get most of the area near the driveway finished before it rained. That afternoon we went to Best Buy, Sam's Club and ate at Jason's Deli. Sunday was church and delicious barbeque chicken by Cliff. That all led up to a buy laborous Monday! We went on a 2 mile (HiLlY) walk in our neighborhood. When we got back I was so gross already that I decided to start on the landscaping in front of the house. I worked for 2 hours, then Cliff came out and took over so I could have a break for about 30 mins. Sam went down for a nap then I went out to mow the yard. It was a humid day and I was about to faint. I had to stop mowing with only a few passes left. Cliff said I was more red than he has ever seen anyone. I made it and finished up after a water break. This afternoon we just played relaxed and I made some delicious banana bread. mmmm!
We have been out of town many many weekends since moving and we plan to head up to NWA in the next week or two again. We need to help Cliff's mom out (she broke her arm up by her shoulder 2 weeks ago) and we need to see my family.
I will be starting work this week at a local church for their Bible study childcare. I am looking forward to the extra $! Hopefully Sam will have fun playing with some kiddos too.
So, what was your favorite activity of the Labor Day weekend? I hope you all were able to relax and spend some much needed time with your family and friends!
I hope to get back in the swing of blogging soon. Pictures with the next post, I promise :)

YAY! You blogged! I'm happy to hear your tardy-ness has been for many good reasons. (I knew it was. *wink*) I'm also glad to hear Sammy likes the new house. I agree that kids need space. I love our little house, especially just for the two of us, but it's only 1000 sq ft so I'm definitely looking forward to a new one soon.
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of Labor Day weekend was on the Monday when Brandon and I spent the day relaxing at home. We made a trip to Petit Jean to eat at the Mather Lodge restaurant and then went back home for dessert and quality time together. It was peachy! :)
PS... You can probably tell I've changed my blogs AGAIN. LoL! I'm so fickle and bored at work sometimes... sorry for the confusion.
Great to hear from you again! Your job sounds like a good one! Can't wait to read more soon!
ReplyDeleteSo glad you're back! :-)
ReplyDeleteI will have a post up later this evening about our Labor Day weekend. It involved working on the house too...not very relaxing!
Give us a call when you come to NWA! I know you will be busy visiting your family, but we'll be happy to see you if you have time!!