Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fall is falling


You all should take my title to this post literally... when we moved here we were so excited about all of the shade our beautiful trees provide!!! Well, shade NO MORE! We now have the fun task of weekly leaf collection.




As you can tell, Sam thinks this is great fun! Well, really, I am not complaining because I have had a ton of fun watching Sam enjoy the leaves each week!! He sees us making that huge pile and he gets excited... can't you see him saying 'oooohhhhhh' in this pic?!?






Yeah! It really has been an enjoyable fall so far. I am LOVING the cooler weather. The mosquitoes have been coming back each afternoon after it warms up- yuck but other than that things are just peachy!





Ok, who is this cool kid and what did you do with my baby boy?!? He found his pockets a few weeks ago and now cracks me up with what he tries to put in them. I'm going to have to start checking his pockets before I throw his pants in the washer.







Anyone that says Sam doesn't like his daddy is clearly lying. He is absolutely obsessed with him (that truly is an understatement). When dad is home, mommy is just not that cool anymore.






So, I am finding the time to blog this weekend because I am actually enjoying some alone time!! The boys headed to grandma's house for the weekend and I'm free to do as I please. I have enjoyed several movies, a book and some shopping. I also cleaned the house. This is something I have a hard time accomplishing with a toddler around. Those of you who keep up with having a spotless house amaze me! I just always find something 'better' to do- ha! I have enjoyed this time but I really am missing both of them tonight. The house is just a bit too quiet. I am not sure what to do without having to cook, do dishes, etc. I will try to enjoy this until tomorrow early afternoon!! What would you do if you had an entire two days to yourself??


4 comments:

  1. Ang!! I'm so glad you got a chance to post! I love to hear how the little family is doing.

    Sam is getting SO BIG! I can't believe it! He's going to be a heartbreaker too. ;)

    I completely agree with finding things "better" to do than house cleaning. I don't even have kids yet and I only clean every other week... maybe. Ha! If I had two days to myself, though, I'd probably scrapbook and watch old movies that Hubs isn't into and I'd definitely go shopping and have a picnic with my dog at the lake. :) LoL Hope you enjoy your quiet time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS... "the lake" just reminded me of New Orleans. LOL! P-Train! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is so cute! If he comes to my party this week, he's going to have all the ladies fussing over him. :-) I cannot BELIEVE how he has grown up already!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's so cute. I love the pocket picture. :) I'm sure you'll find many interesting thing in them. Food is always a fun find. Enjoy your time alone!

    ReplyDelete