Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Finding my place

I feel like after 1.5 years in Little Rock hubs and I are still trying to find our place. We long for that place where we just feel comfortable and secure and SETTLED in our surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I like Little Rock and all it has to offer but I LONG for being just 3 hours north of here. This has been difficult since the day we moved and has gotten much easier but that longing still creeps in and takes over time and time again.

On that note, we are REALLY looking forward to traveling north for the weekend! We are probably going to leave Thursday night when Cliff gets off of work so we can maximize our time in Rogers/Springdale/Fayetteville. We have a birthday party to attend, Happy Birthday Jenn!! We also plan on seeing friends we don't get to visit often enough, and lastly, we will be going to a wedding reception on Sunday afternoon. I am so excited for all of this busyness and craziness. I especially look forward to seeing my family :-). We haven't been up in 2 months!

ANYWAY... the latest around here is that Sam has been the poor victim in a biting scandal that is happening at my place of part-time employment. This is the second time that he has been harassed by the same *cough* girl *cough*. We are trying to teach him to hold his own but he just can't bring himself to fight back against a girl. Ugh...what is the problem with these polite little gentlemen?!? (sidenote: He even opened the door of this play car for a little girl at the play date we went to today...then he tried to jump in with her...uh no, we are not ready for that just yet)

In other Sam news... what is a post without a picture or two?! Sam has been conquering the world one climbing aparatus at a time. This one is at an amazing park we try to go to at least once per week... Sam witnessed an older kid climb this and then had to show them up. He seriously has some mad climbing skills. Enjoy :-) He's up from his nap and screaming for me to get him!

3 comments:

  1. I love baby Sam! Can't wait to see you guys! Feel free to come to the party before 7:00 so we can catch up before the madness starts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww, so cute! I'm sorry you haven't found your place yet in LR. You guys just need to move back here! That will solve everything! If only it were that simple, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a climber too. It's the best! -- until you pull a dresser on top of you. Fortunately, I don't recall that incident at all. Ha!

    ReplyDelete