Some of you may not know but I'm an assistant organizer for the "West Little Rock Mom's Group". It has been a ton of fun helping to organize and create events for the entire group to enjoy. It has truly been a blast to meet new people and enjoy my time as a stay at home mom more fully- with others who understand me. :-) We have had a pretty much drama free existence in this group until this week when some stuff blew up. I was pretty stressed out today but things turned out well with no (ok maybe just a few) hard feelings. Why is it that getting a bunch of random women together always creates a sorority like atmosphere? Now there is nothing wrong with sororities, it just wasn't my thing, especially going to such a small college. I just don't understand why some women just never grow up. I was having to argue with women who are much older than me who were being very childish and argumentative. It was too much to handle. I felt like I needed a stiff drink (or 5) in the middle of the day!!! Oh well, said drama is over (I believe, hope, pray) and life as a stay at home mom in WLR mom's group should continue on as normal.
That being said, Sam and I had a wonderful time in the SUN yesterday at a group swimming party/ lunch! We arrived around 11:30, had some food and then swam for at least 2 hours after that. Sam had such a wonderful time. The pool was a salt water pool so it was much better than those nasty chlorinated pools (like we have here at the townhouse). There was a very shallow part where Sam could walk around without a problem. Well, the only problem was that he could walk around!!! This made him think that he was in a much bigger version of his bathtub. He was way too confident and kept on slipping and dipping his head into the water. Don't worry, I was right there to pull him back up but he did get a good sinus cleaning a few times! The pool functioned as a HUGE pool of saline solution :). He did not get upset by having his head dunked at all. He just got up, shook his head a little and wanted to do it again. It was also fun when I swam around the pool while pulling Sam in his floaty boat thing. He talked and giggled and just had an all around great time. We are supposed to be doing this once a week if the weather is good so I'm sure I'll have more pool adventures in the near future!
I hope you all have a most wonderful weekend and Happy Mother's Day to all of my fellow moms out there. Enjoy the day and make your husband change all of the diapers and cook for a change :)

I want to see pool pictures! I bet he is a cutie in his boat. :-) Happy Mother's Day!!
ReplyDeletePool pictures would be great! I can't wait to swim with kids of my own. There's so much I look forward to. In the meantime, I LOVE hearing your stories about Sam.
ReplyDeleteAnd I completely understand how you feel about women-drama. My sister quit her job a couple years ago bc the entire office was filled with women who were constantly ripping at each others throats. I'll never understand stuff like that. *Geesh*