nning out from all of the surrounding businesses to watch! It was kind of amusing... Anyway, after 30 minutes of sitting in traffic the tow trucks finally unhooked from the still overturned truck and moved out of the way to let traffic get by for a while. Sam and I attempted to keep ourselves entertained with books and toys but those got old quickly. He wanted OUT of his car seat and I didn't want to let him out so I finally got smart and remembered that I had my camera in the diaper bag. Yeah!!! That kept him happy. He enjoys when I take pictures of him and he enjoys looking at pictures on the camera so we were good to go. (by the way, I never got to walk, no one was there when I showed up and there was a creepy guy lurking)
The next day, Tuesday, I was trying to feed Sam some yogurt and applesauce and he took the spoon away from me so I just let him go at it. He had a great time and was so freakin' cute! (Notice his long hair, next week I will have to post pictures after his Aunt JuJu cuts it for the first time on Friday).He was pretty good at it. He was concentrating really hard to get just a little in his mouth each time. He started out with the spoon in his left hand and then after several minutes he switched to his right and then back to his left. He was trying to decide which hand worked better! It will be interesting to see if he is right or left handed in the future.
After creating such a mess it was time for a bath! Sam loves bath time. He always has to have the water running while he is in the tub so he can play with it. If we turn the water off he promptly turns it back on. Cute, but it makes for a TON of water for him to play in and a mess at the end of bath time. He splashes mommy quite frequently, and that really makes him laugh!
Later on that night Cliff grilled some delicious burgers. When it is grilling
time, Sam wants to be in on all of the action that takes place outside. We can't go to the back porch without him throwing a fit! It makes for an interesting grilling night. I was trying to feed Sam some dinner when Cliff went out to start the fire. He would not have it. He was throwing a huge fit in his highchair and would not eat. He was just sitting there crying with a mouth full of food. I finally took him out and put him on the couch where he could watch what Cliff was doing. This was good enough for awhile but then he HAD to go out there to supervise the grilling action. He loves to watch the fire and say "hot, hot hot hot hot...". It's never ending! We can't wait until we have a house again so we can have a yard for him to run and play in. Then he can always be outside while daddy grills!! No question!



Such a ham! Funny that he likes the camera so much.
ReplyDeleteI bet it's neat to watch him grow and change... feed himself, get his first haircut.
The bath time pic is A-dorable!!
I bet it's really funny to hear him say "hot hot hot hot..." Do you live in an apartment??
Happy (early) Birthday!
Hooray for first haircuts! It will be good to see you guys this weekend! Do you have any plans for your birthday yet??
ReplyDeleteI loved all the pictures, by the way. :-)