Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter weekend

Well, we had a GREAT Easter weekend here in Little Rock! Friday, Sam and I went to Stations of the Cross at our church. It was put on by the youth and good for the most part... Sam kept wanting to steal the cell phone of a girl sitting next to us. He did very well until his paci flew out of view on the floor under the pews... then the talking began! I had to take him out because he wouldn't stop talking and I figured that when Jesus was dying on the cross I should not have Sam in church yelling out "da da, baba, wooooow, uhhhh, yeaow...". He likes to yell out his admiration for everything right now! That evening was spent eating my homemade pizza (YUM) and just relaxing with Cliff! It was perfect!!

Saturday I did some cleaning and we went to throw the frisbee around late in the afternoon. We had a really good time! We haven't done that since we lived next door to Dave and Jenn in Fayetteville. (miss you guys :( ) Sam really enjoyed running around in the grass. He was really thrown off guard when we took off his shoes and let the grass crunch under his feet. The surprised looks on his face were priceless! (too bad I forgot the camera, as always)

Sunday we woke up to RAIN RAIN RAIN and cold. YUCK! We planned on going to church at 8am but when Sam woke up for the day at 5:30, I knew I would need a nap before church if I wanted to be functional for the remainder of the day. SO, we went to church at 10:30 (also know as NAPTIME). It was pouring rain by the time we arrived at church and we had to park pretty far away. I definitely should have skipped the drying and curling of my hair. The work was gone in seconds. Sam did ok but it was probably the most difficult he has been at church... ever. Of course the church was packed so we got one of the last seats left and that happened to be in the cry room. It worked out but I wish we could have arrived earlier to get a better seat! Lesson learned!!!

We didn't do anything huge for Easter- I got Sam some bubbles. He had a great time stealing the bubble wands and teething on them. I guess that soap is tasty?!? I also enjoyed making dinner and dessert. Especially dessert- fresh strawberry pie! It was delicious. Very much worth the wait of Lent.

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter! I am thankful that our weekend was filled with family, fun and thanking God for his Son!

2 comments:

  1. Great weekend! Thanks for cooking an awesome dinner and giving me leftovers to eat right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm, strawberry pie sounds delicious! I bet it turned out a lot better than my Lamby Cake.

    It's so funny you mentioned the frisbee thing...I found pictures of us playing frisbee just this weekend and it brought back memories!

    ReplyDelete