I know that death is a part of living.
But, it sucks...
Sickness sucks too.
I found out this morning that my brother in law's younger brother has the big 'C'. He's younger than me. It's hard to believe how much cancer has played a roll in my life up to now. I've known many people that have been diagnosed and a few who have been cured. Everytime I hear of someone else, it makes me realize (even more) how lucky I am to have a husband and son who are healthy and happy and here with me. I know we mourn for these victims but would they want us to mourn??? I feel like they would want us to remember them and pray for them but not be sad all of the time. They want us to keep going... keep enjoying ourselves. They want us to remember the happy times, not the sickness and suffering.
I pray that I can keep those who have left us in my mind and heart every day. I want those people to still be a part of my day but not in a sad way. I want Sam to know.
Also, it is a GOOD Friday.
(happy post promised next time)
Friday, April 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

You already know my sentiments on this...
ReplyDeleteI hate hearing that someone else is going to have to fight cancer. It's a miserable process, but you're right - remembering the good things about someone is the only way to go.